Implantology Course 4
Advanced Soft Tissue Surgery For The General Practitioner
Continuing Education Hands-On Course
2-day CE Course
(includes complimentary meals)
16 CE credits upon completion.
CE Course Dates:
October 18-19, 2013 – Burbank Location
Implantology CE Course 4 Overview:
The esthetic integration of a restoration depends on the surrounding soft tissues and these will determine between treatment failure and success. While the dental restoration shape and color depends on the dental technician, the soft tissue architecture will depend on the surgeon’s expertise and proficiency in delicate plastic procedures.
The course is designed to provide clinicians with the scientific background and surgical technique to perform advanced soft tissue surgery. Periodontal plastic procedures for natural teeth and implants will be covered in this hands-on curriculum. Among the procedures included in this course are soft tissue grafting for teeth and implants, connective tissue grafting of future implant sites as well as plastic procedures to enhance the esthetics.
Implantology CE Course 4 Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to treatment plan and treat esthetic cases with the acquired fundamentals of gingival harmony and esthetics. Clinicians will also gain knowledge in soft tissue surgery and will be able to achieve superior and predictable esthetic results for their patients through comprehensive surgical and restorative treatment.
CE Course 4 Outline
• Pre-prosthetic Treatment Planning
• Diagnosis and Prognosis
• Treatment Planning In The Esthetic Zone
• Gingival Harmony and Periodontal
Considerations In Smile Design
• Advanced Flap Design
• Advanced Suturing Techniques
• Connective Tissue Grafting Technique For
Teeth and Implants
• Free Gingival Grafts To Increase The
• Esthetic Implant Uncovering
• Soft Tissue Allograft Without The Need To Use
Donor Tissue From The Palate
• Esthetic and Functional Crown Lengthening
• Osseous Surgery For Debridement and
• Grafting Of Osseous Defects and The Use
• Coronally Repositioned Flaps For
• Managing Intra & Post Operative Complications
• Medication Regimen
CE Hands-On Workshop
• Flap Reflection
• Harvesting Soft Tissue Grafts
• Surgical Techniques Practice On Mandibles.